Are you wondering if the Apple Watch you intend to buy is stolen or not? If yes, this article is going to show you how to check if Apple Watch is stolen. Hence, endeavor to read carefully.
There is nothing wrong with buying a second-hand Apple watch from any online store or in person. But before completing your payment, ensure the Watch you intend to buy is not stolen so that it won’t lead you to trouble.
Buying a stolen Apple Watch could lead you to trouble because the primary owner can track you and get you arrested. Apart from that, if you buy a stolen Apple Watch from someone, you’ll not be able to make use of it because an activation lock is enabled on the Watch, and before you can make use of it, you’ll need to remove the activation lock and also unpair it from the owner’s phone.
One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made is buying a stolen Apple Watch from some. Guess what? For five months now, the Watch is still staring at me because I can’t make use of it.
I would not like you to make such a mistake, and that is why I wrote this article to show you how to detect a stolen Apple Watch.
How do I determine if an Apple Watch is stolen?
If you are purchasing the Apple Watch in person, then you may need to follow the setup method to that point before finishing the procurement to confirm the Watch’s Activation Lock status. It is not otherwise possible to discover the Activation Lock status of an Apple Watch before purchasing it.
Hence, If you intend to order a second-hand Apple Watch via an online store, for example, eBay, ensure to authenticate either via the listing’s information or only by asking the seller (via eBay’s messaging system, so that eBay can, if necessary, verify that the conversation took place) whether Activation Lock will have been removed before you receive the item.
Make sure you have the receipt of the second Watch you bought from an online store. The ticket will serve as proof if you found any fault or if the activation lock is still enabled on the Watch. Hence, you can rely on eBay’s Money Back Guarantee for a full refund of your purchase price.
Before I show you how to check if Apple Watch is stolen, I’ll first of all, provide answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
How To Check If Apple Watch Is Stolen
Before buying any Apple Watch from someone or an online store, ensure you follow the steps below to determine if the Watch you intend to buy is stolen or not.
- Check the Watch description on the online store.
- Ask the customer support if the activation lock is enabled on the Watch.
- If you are buying in person, make sure you go through the Watch before making full payment.
- Check if the Watch is paired to any device.
- Demand for the receipt from the owner.
- Ask for the seller to unluck the Watch for you.
In this way, you would be able to detect if an Apple Watch is stolen or not. Hence, it’s advised to purchase an Apple Watch from a legit online store or make sure sure the person you are buying from is honest.
How To Add Apple Watch To Find My iPhone
Now you’ve learned how to check if Apple Watch is stolen, follow the below steps to add your Apple watch to ‘Find My iPhone’ to enable you to track it anytime you misplace or lose it.
- Kindly Open your iPhone and go to the Settings App.
- Now go ahead and click on your name and then on iCloud, or better still, go straight to your iCloud account if you have a 10.2 or an earlier version of iOS.
- Kindly scroll down and select Find My iPhone.
- Move the toggle to On for Find My iPhone and for Send the Last Location too.
- When you set up this feature, the devices you’ve paired with your phone will automatically be set up, including Apple Watch.
In this way, you’ve successfully added the Apple Watch to “Find My” and you can now track the Watch each time you misplace it.
How To Track A Lost Apple Watch
Did you misplaced your Watch? If yes, kindly follow the procedures below to track it and know the current location.
- Go to iCloud.com, then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open Find iPhone.
- Click All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
On your iPhone:
- Open the Find My App.
- Choose the Devices tab.
- Select your Apple Watch to see its location on the map
READ MORE: How To Reset A Stolen Apple Watch.
READ MORE: How To Reset A Second Hand Apple Watch.
READ MORE: How To Reset Apple Watch Without Apple ID.
Now you have seen how to check if Apple Watch is stolen. Hence, endeavor to follow the above steps to prevent buying a stolen Apple Watch.
Hi, I’m Chukwuemeka, and I’m a young writer and a self-taught blogger. My job is to publish informative contents that bring a solution to your tech problem. I love you, cheers!